My Name is Jo Fyans and I am the Learning Mentor here at Oak Tree. The role was created in January 2018 to help support the school community, adults and children alike. My aim is to work with children, adults and outside agencies to help remove any barriers which may prevent your child not achieving their full potential. It is our aim at Oak Tree to help every child be the best that they can be and we recognise that occasionally a little additional support is needed. Within school, you can find me along the Reception corridor. Alternatively, you can contact me by phone via the school office or by email: 0161 485 1453 / firstname.lastname@example.org
I am here for adults and children and I would just like to make you aware of some of the ways in which I can help.
I can help your child with any of the following:
- Help them with confidence issues.
- Support them through any difficulties at home or in school.
- Improve their relationships with their peers and help resolve friendship issues.
- Develop their social skills to improve their interactions with others.
- Support them with transition to new classes and on to secondary school.
- Support families experiencing bereavement and loss.
- Support children to understand changes in family circumstances.
- Support overly anxious children.
I am also here to help you as parents and carers with things like:
- Providing a link between home and school
- Looking at ways to help and support to improve your child’s attendance
- Just being an additional ear when you need to talk something over which you feel you need help with.
I already have quite a busy schedule but I am available every day from 8.30am until 3.30pm and I am always happy for you to pop in and chat. If I am already booked up that day then we can arrange a meeting.