Representatives Of Oak Tree School
Welcome to R.O.O.T.S. Representatives of Oak Tree School; the name for our Parent Teacher Association (PTA). Every parent/carer of a child at Oak Tree is an automatic member of R.O.O.T.S. and is welcome to attend meetings to discuss and share fundraising ideas, exciting community events for all to participate and agree upon on how our money should be spent.
We are a friendly, lively and dynamic group of parents, carers and school staff, all committed to supporting our school and its pupils by raising money to buy those little extras for OUR children. Some members are full-time parents, some work part-time, and many work full-time. None of us are experts in fundraising but we all play our part in working together as a team.
The meetings and organisation of events have been well supported by both key staff members and dedicated parents, who together have successfully raised thousands of pounds to enrich and enhance the school lives of our children. We are reliant on and want to encourage more members to take part and donate their time. You may only be able to give half an hour to help man a stall at a fair or supervise at a disco, whilst some jobs can even be done from the comfort of your home, like folding raffle tickets! If you have a little more time, you may even like to take on the running of one of our events, but, don’t worry, coming to one of our meetings does not mean you are signed up for life! All our committee members are hard working parents who volunteer their time for all the children.
How can you help?
- Come along to ROOTS Meetings to share your ideas on how best to fundraise and also have your say on how we spend the money;
- volunteer to be a Class rep;
- volunteer to help with the organisation of events;
- When online shopping you can donate to ROOTS at the same time by using www.easyfundraising.org.uk. All you have to do is register, nominate Oak Tree Primary School as your designated beneficiary. You then shop as normal using your normal online retailers who in turn pay a commission to us;
- Just come along and support the events!