All About P.E. Inclusion Triangle
- Activities are adapted for children, to ensure everyone can participate
- We attend SEND specific events run by Stockport SHAPES, including KS1 Multi-Skills events
- All staff follow the children’s EHCPs/ SEND plans and adapt our practice as necessary for those children
- Sports Coaches run inclusion sessions
- Sports Coaches run motor skills intervention sessions for identified children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2, who did not meet the expected levels for fine and gross motor skills.
- We are part of the Girls Football Project, where an area of the playground is dedicated to girls football at lunchtimes
- Children in receipt of the Pupil Premium Grant are given first spaces in sports clubs
Beyond the Physical
- At Oak Tree we strive to give all children the skills and toolkit to play any sport and encourage a healthy and active lifestyle. However we also acknowledge that PE skills go beyond the physical, for example; personal, social and emotional skills. We believe it is equally important to embed values such as, teamwork and resilience to build sportsmanship and a growth mind-set. We give opportunities to develop child led play, teamwork and collaboration, self-belief and confidence and problem solving.