Free School Meals Eligibility Checker
How do I find out about free school meals eligibility?
If you are receiving certain benefits, a FREE tasty and nutritious school meal is available for your child/ren at Oak Tree Primary School - BUT YOU MUST APPLY!
Benefits include :
- A free school meal for your child, which is good for their health and could help their learning
- Savings for you, worth over £350 a year
- Extra money for the school through Pupil Premium funding, worth at least £900 a year
Pupil Premium is additional funding for:
- Those children who are registered as eligible for Free School Meals in Reception to Year 6
- Those children who are LAC (Looked After Children) or Post LAC i.e. adopted from care
- Any child who has ever been of free school meals, at any time
- Children of parents serving in the Armed Forces
Data shows that children within these categories sometimes need extra support, tuition or resources to achieve their best. The funding is allocated to diminish the difference between progress of these children and all other children in school. The Pupil Premium is additional to main school funding and it will be used by Oak Tree Primary School to address any underlying inequalities between those children who are eligible and those who are not. This is done in a variety of ways including funding speech and language therapy across the school, funding a Pastoral Lead Teacher to work with families as well as providing additional support in classrooms (where appropriate).
Just registering your child for Free School Meals means that Oak Tree Primary School receives the additional funding even if you don't take up the free meal. Registration is completely confidential and it will not affect any other benefits you may be claiming.
If you require further information then please email firstname.lastname@example.org at the address above; everything you say will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM)
The Government provides funding to enable primary schools in England to offer a free meal to every child in their Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 classes. This provides parents with a potential annual saving of almost £400 per child.